May 15, 1913. Studebaker designates The Club as Plant #14. The Studebaker Corporation has leased the Detroit Curling Club building on Forest Avenue as a storage warehouse for radiators, coils, springs and other supplies. This is the fourteenth building that the Studebaker Corporation has acquired in the capital of automobiledom.
This arrangement was only for the non-curling months, since we know there was curling in the building in the winter of 1913-14.
Neither rhyme nor reason.