Search This Entire Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Barbie Goes Curling


Many years ago, while searching for curling items on eBay, I found a Barbie curling outfit.  It looked like an old-timer’s curling sweater.  I thought it was rather unique and, obviously homemade, perhaps one-of-a-kind.  So, I bought it and then found a Barbie doll to wear it.  (Why I had Barbie dolls is another…very long story).

In May of 2012 Bob Cowan & David B. Smith posted an article on their blog about Hand-Knitted Curling Sweaters - often referred to as Cowichan sweaters.  Within the article they had a picture of another Barbie sweater.   So, mine (in red) is not that unique.  Perhaps I’ll try to learn knitting so I can make an outfit for Ken. 


Bob & David’s Curling History blog can be found at www.curlinghistory.blogspot.com.

Happy Knitting, Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment